Presidential Leadership Certificate
Your Leadership Journey
Your engagement in leadership development while a student at Florida Gulf Coast University is an important and valuable part of you university experience. Through the Presidential Leadership Certificate program, student leaders design a self-paced, comprehensive experience, while being guided by a leadership mentor. Your mentor will support you, as well as challenge you to develop and enhance your skills which will be demonstrated through completion of the certificate. The Presidential Leadership Certificate is a valuable accomplishment as it honors well-rounded and exceptional leaders who excel in their commitment to personal development and positive change.
The Presidential Leadership Certificate Advantage
- Exposure to a variety of unique opportunities throughout campus
- Individualized experiences with a personal mentor
- Opportunities to actively showcase your campus engagement experiences
Upon completion, students receive:
- A signed certificate from the University President
- Co-Curricular Transcript documenting 100 hours of leadership service
- Cords signifying your accomplishment to be worn at graduation
- Recognition at the annual Dean of Students' Office Leadership and Involvement Awards ceremony
- Celebratory dinner with University President
The Presidential Leadership Certificate Model
Phase I: Emerging Leaders
- Identification of your leadership mentor
- Personal Action Plan Development
- 20 hours of on-campus leadership programming attendance
- Reflection paper
Phase II: Engaged Leaders
- 40 hours of active leadership roles
- Reflection Paper
- Attendance at Leadership Academy or an approved independent leadership experience
Phase III: Enlightened Leaders
- 40 hours of elite campus leadership service and participation
- Reflection Paper
- Poster Presentation to campus community distinguished guests
Q: How long does the program take to complete?
- The certificate is self-paced and designed individually for each student and therefore the time it will take to complete will vary. Students should be able to complete the full certificate in three years.
Q: I am a senior with a variety of leadership experiences, but I don't have three years left on campus- can I still earn a certificate?
- Of course! We have a separate process for upper-class students to be eligible to earn the certificate before graduating from FGCU.
Q: How can I get involved?
Ready to Enroll?
- Log-on to EagleLink at fgcu.collegiatelink.net and create a profile. Your FGCU email username and password are the same for EagleLink.
- Click "organizations" and find "Office of Multicultural and Leadership Development"
- Click "Forms" and find "FGCU Presidential Leadership Certificate Application"
- Fill out the application and submit!