DEGREE EVALUATION - HELPFUL HINTS
- A Degree Evaluation is designed to show where courses you complete fit into your degree program. In addition to working with your advisor, this advising tool can be helpful in making your path to graduation an easier one to follow.
- An on-line Degree Evaluation through Gulfline is currently available for undergraduate students only admitted in Fall 2007 or after.
- If you were admitted in Fall 2007 or after and your Degree Evaluation does not generate, please contact your advisor OR do a “What-if” Analysis for Fall 2008 as some programs were not activated in the system until Fall 2008.
- If you are an undergraduate student admitted to FGCU prior to Fall 2007 or your major is Undeclared, you will need to contact your advisor for a Degree Evaluation.
- You are encouraged to review your Degree Evaluation before you meet with your advisor and register for classes. NOTE: A Degree Evaluation is NOT OFFICIAL and you should verify the report and graduation requirements with your advisor.
- A Degree Evaluation will default to your current major and catalog year. If you wish to view a Degree Evaluation with a change to any of this information, select the “What-if” Analysis option.
- Each time you wish to run a Degree Evaluation, you should click on ”Generate New Evaluation” so that any changes to your record will be reflected. The term you use should be the most recent term for which you have registered. A Degree Evaluation lists course you have taken and also uses current and future registrations to satisfy requirements. No course can be used toward fulfilling graduation requirements unless you pass the course with the required grade.
- If the course has been satisfied, a “Yes” will appear in the left hand column of the Degree Evaluation. A “No” indicates the course has not been completed. NOTE: Remember that current registrations are included in the Degree Evaluation. A “Yes” will appear for courses in which you are currently enrolled. If the course is not satisfactorily completed with a passing grade, the “Yes” will automatically change to a “No” after grades are posted.
- Courses in progress are noted on the compliance with an “R” under the “Source” column and will not have anything listed under the “Grade” column.
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) in an Area or Group on the Degree Evaluation is calculated for courses completed at FGCU only. Transfer courses are counted in the total # of credits, but are not included in the GPA.
- If you have not yet declared a major, the “What-if” Analysis in the Degree Evaluation will show how the classes you have completed can fulfill the graduation requirements for any major at FGCU. You can also use this option if you are interested in exploring a minor.
- Any changes to your major, minor or catalog term should be discussed with your advisor who will then assist you with filing the appropriate paperwork for these changes to your academic record.
- If you have repeated a course, please check with your advisor to ensure it is recorded correctly on your Degree Evaluation. If repeated courses are not marked with a repeat code, they will count multiple times in the evaluation. If you are repeating a course to raise a grade for a specific degree requirement, the repeated course will not be listed in that area on your Degree Evaluation until the required grade is achieved.
- If you view Previous Evaluations, all evaluations that have been done for you will be displayed. You can delete the Previous Evaluations, as desired.
- Please contact your advisor with any questions related to your Degree Evaluation.
For more information go to the following links:
What is a Degree Evaluation?
Instructions For Students
Instructions For Advisors, Faculty and Staff
Glossary of Terms