Leadership Enrichment Program
The Leadership Enrichment Program, formerly titled Leadership Diversity Program, is a joint program sponsored by Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida Southwestern State College. Designed for faculty and staff interested in enhancing their leadership competencies, the program provides professional development opportunities to explore the foundations of leadership, assist in the development of leadership skills and career goals, and foster a professional network of colleagues. The specific program includes:
- A series of interactive workshops, presented by recognized experts, on topics critical to leadership, with particular focus on higher education.
- The development of a Career Action Plan that includes personal and professional career goals.
- The process and value of a mentoring relationship in achieving your goals.
The Objectives of the Program
- Help develop appropriate leadership skills necessary for leadership positions in higher education.
- Provide supplemental educational, developmental opportunities and career and educational guidance, especially for women and ethnic minority professionals.
- Encourage participants to interact with college and university administrators as mentors.
- Full time employee at FGCU or Florida Southwestern State College
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; Master’s preferred
- Commitment by the supervisor to support the employee’s participation as a priority
- Commitment to the program and regular attendance at sessions
- Kick off session, Finding Your Voice As a Leader
- Seven (7) three – hour sessions held on Fridays at the Atrium Executive Center, College Parkway and Winkler Rd.
- Career Action Planning and Mentoring: Getting Ahead
- Student Success: Everyone’s Responsibility
- Communicating and Listening with Diplomacy and Trust
- Getting Results Through Leadership
- Embracing Diversity and Campus Culture
- Navigating Organizational Politics in Higher Education: The Evolutions of FGCU and Florida Southwestern State College
- Next Steps: Moving On Up (Optional) Gender Communication
Application Requirements/Selection Criteria
Applicants must send an application form to one of the program directors by the application deadline, generally in September. A committee of representatives from each institution will review the applications and select the participants. Selection criteria include the application, evaluation of the written statement, and years of experience in higher education.
Leadership Enrichment Workshop Series 2014-15