Information for the Eighth Annual Sanibel Writers Conference
The full-time registration cost is:
- $400 for non-student registration if postmarked after August 1, 2013
- $350 for non-student registration if postmarked before August 1, 2013
- $300 for Big Arts members
- $250 for students (with current ID)
For an additional fee, full-time registrants have two options to receive feedback on a pre-submitted manuscript:
- For $75, participants can meet privately with a writer, agent, or editor to discuss a manuscript. Once you’ve submitted your manuscript, you & your reader will arrange a mutually convenient meeting time. Most manuscript consultations last 30-45 minutes. Complete list of individual manuscript consultants can be found on the Touchnet registration link above.
- For $100, participants can register for a small-group manuscript workshop to discuss & critique one another’s manuscripts. Workshops will be held in the afternoon and be genre specific (fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, journalism). Each workshop will be led by one of our presenters, cap at six participants, and last approximately two and a half hours per day. Complete list of small-group manuscript workshops can be found on the Touchnet regsitration link above.
- Each workshop is limited to six participants. Those registering for the small-group afternoon manuscript workshops: All registered participants will receive each other’s manuscripts by October 1. You should read and prepare feedback prior to attending the conference. The manuscripts will be discussed and critiqued during the workshop.
Manuscript guidelines for private consultation & small-group workshop:
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as an attached Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2013. Please include you name, t manuscript title, and the name of your workshop leader/manuscript reader in the subject of your e-mail.
- Manuscripts should have one-inch margins, a 12-font size, and not exceed ten double-spaced pages.
- Full contact info—name, address, phone number, and e-mail address—should appear on page one of your manuscript.
- Pages should be numbered and include your last name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Bring a hard copy of your manuscript to the conference.
- If the manuscript is an excerpt from a longer work, please provide an introductory/contextualizing, 100-word synopsis on page one.
- Refunds (less a $100 processing fee) are available until September 30, 2013. This refund applies to full-time registration only.
- There are no refunds for the $75 private manuscript consultation payment or the $100 small-group workshop payment.