Information for the Ninth Annual Sanibel Writers Conference
The full-time registration cost is:
- $400 for standard registration.
- $300 for Big Arts members.
- $250 for full-time students, with current ID (this includes ANY university, high school, or middle school student).
For an additional fee, full-time registrants have two options to receive feedback on a pre-submitted manuscript:
- For $75, participants can meet privately for a Manuscript Consultation with a writer, agent, or editor. Once you’ve submitted your manuscript, you & your reader will arrange a mutually convenient meeting time. Most manuscript consultations last 30-45 minutes. Complete list of individual manuscript consultants can be found on the Touchnet registration link above.
- For $100, participants can register for a Small-Group Manuscript Workshop* to discuss & critique one another’s manuscripts. Workshops will be held in the afternoon and be genre specific (fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction). Each workshop will be led by one of our presenters, cap at six participants, and last approximately two and a half hours per day. Complete list of small-group manuscript workshops can be found on the Touchnet registration link above.
*Each workshop is limited to six participants. Those registering for the small-group afternoon manuscript workshops: All registered participants will receive each other’s manuscripts via email by October 1. You should read and prepare feedback before attending the conference. The manuscripts will be discussed and critiqued during the workshop.
Manuscript guidelines for Manuscript Consultation & Small-Group Manuscript Workshop:
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as an attached Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2014. Please include your name, manuscript title, and the name of your workshop leader/manuscript reader in the subject of your e-mail.
- Manuscripts should have one-inch margins, a 12-font size, and not exceed ten double-spacedpages.
- Full contact info—name, address, phone number, and e-mail address—should appear on page one of your manuscript.
- Pages should be numbered and include your last name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Bring a hard copy of your manuscript to the conference.
- If the manuscript is an excerpt from a longer work, please provide an introductory/contextualizing, 100-word synopsis on page one.
- Refunds (less a $100 processing fee) are available until September 30, 2014. This refund applies to full-time registration only.
- There are no refunds for the $75 private manuscript consultation payment or the $100 small-group workshop payment.