SPARCT is evolving into a monthly faculty learning community with regular programming.
The first event for the 2016 academic year will be held August 16, 10:30-11:30, LIB212. ALL STEM faculty are welcome!
SPARCT began as an NSF grant-funded initiative through the Whitaker Center for STEM Education.
The Major Goals of SPARCT are
(1) Enhanced scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) by SPARCT faculty.
(2) Improvement of evidence-based practices targeting the introductory STEM classroom.
(3) Development of long-term FLCs in STEM instruction.
(4) Development of professional peer-observation strategies for the STEM classroom.
(5) Enhanced student learning in introductory STEM courses as a result of SPARCT faculty development.