SPARCT is evolving into a monthly faculty learning community with regular programming.
Fall 2016 Meetings
Tuesday, Sept. 20, 10AM, LIB212
Speaker: Ludy Goodson, "Examining Levels of Learning"
Monday, October 24, 4:15PM, LIB212
Learn about each other's STEM SoTL projects
November meeting TBA
SPARCT began as an NSF grant-funded initiative through the Whitaker Center for STEM Education.
The Major Goals of SPARCT are
(1) Enhanced scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) by SPARCT faculty.
(2) Improvement of evidence-based practices targeting the introductory STEM classroom.
(3) Development of long-term FLCs in STEM instruction.
(4) Development of professional peer-observation strategies for the STEM classroom.
(5) Enhanced student learning in introductory STEM courses as a result of SPARCT faculty development.
NSF-Report Year 3
List of Presentations and Publications generated through the project
Evaluator's Reports Years 1 and 2