- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following (16 hours):
- JOU 2100 Journalistic Writing (3)
- JOU 3201 News Editing (3)
- MMC 2604 News Literacy (3)
- MMC 2604L News Literacy Recitation (0)
- MMC 3020 Grammar (1)
- MMC 3125 News Reporting and Writing (3)
- MMC 4211 Media, Law and Ethics (3)
Choose one of the following (3 hours):
- MMC 3104 Writing for a Mass Audience (3)
- RTV 3301 Audio and Video Journalism (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 19 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 3/3/2015.