- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Successful completion or testing out of:
- SPN 1120C Beginning Spanish I(4)*
- SPN 1121C Beginning Spanish II (4)*
- SPN 1134C Accelerated Spanish (6)*
- SPN 2220C (4) Intermediate Spanish I (4)*
- SPN 2221C (4) Intermediate Spanish II (4)*
Successful completion of the following:
- SPN 3300 Spanish Advanced Writing (3)
- SPN 3400 Conversation and Composition I (3)
Students who test out of required beginning or intermediate courses must select from the following courses to complete the required 17-22 hours. Students who do not test out of courses may also take elective courses in addtion to the required courses.
- SPN 2270 Spanish Study Abroad (1-6)
- SPN 3140 Intermed Spanish for Business (3)
- SPN 3500 Survey of Spanish Culture & Civilization I (3)
- SPN 3520 Latin Amer. Culture & Civilization (3)
- SPW 3100 Survey of Spanish Literature (3)
- SPW 3130 Latin American Literature (3)
- SPW 4930 Selected Topics (1-3)
*Required beginning and intermediate courses can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a Spanish Placement Test (contact program faculty for access to this test). Determination of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of this test and an oral interview with program faculty in Spanish. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with elective courses from the given list. Native or heritage speakers of Spanish may complete the minor but may not enroll in beginning courses.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 17-22 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 7/28/2015.