- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete one of the following:
- MAC 2233 Elementary Calculus (3)
- MAC 2311 Calculus I (4)
Complete a minimum of 6 hrs from the following:
- BME 4722 Health Care Engineering (3)
- ISC 3120C Scientific Process (3)
- MAC 2312 Calculus II (4)
- MAP 3162 Probability and Statistics (3)
- MAP 4101 Probability and Stochastic Processes (3)
- PSY 3213 Research Methods in Psychology (3)
- PSY 3213L Research Methods Lab (1)
- QMB 3200 Economic & Business Statistics II (3)
- STA 2122 Social Science Statistics (3)
- SYA 3300 Social Research Methods (3)
- TRA 3163 Total Quality Management (3)
Complete three courses from the following:
- MAC 2313 Calculus III (4)
- STA 3163 Applied Statistics (3)
- STA 4234 Intro to Regression Analysis (3)
- STA 4502 Nonparametric Inference (3)
- STA 4853 Time Series Analysis (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18-21 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
Transfer coursework deemed equivalent to the calculus sequence may be substituted for all or part of MAC 2311-2312. Specialized courses in calculus for business, architecture, or life sciences, regardless of when or where taken, are not considered equivalent to MAC 2311 and/or 2312. Determinations of equivalence will be made by the mathematics faculty on a case-by-case basis. The statewide articulation agreement only requires the receiving institution to accept MAC 2311 and 2312 as a completed sequence. Awarding equivalence for partial completion of the sequence is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 4/30/2016.