Program Admission Requirements
- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours attempted accruing to the undergraduate degree.
- Graduation from a baccalaureate level program or a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university documented by official transcripts.
- Minimum score of 550 on TOEFL or 6.5 or IELTS for international students who speak English as a second language.
Required Courses (12 hrs):
- EME 5053 Introduction to Educational Technology (3)
- EME 6405 Integrating Tech-Instruction (3)
- EME 6207 Web Design & Development (3)
- EME 6209 Still & Time Based Media in Education (3)
Electives (Choose two of the following) (6 hrs):
- EDF 6461 Introduction to Program Evaluation (3)
- EDF 6486 Inquiry Skills & Assessment Methods (3)
- EDF 6481 Foundations of Educational Research (3)
- EME 6417 Teaching in Virtual Settings (3)
- EME 6465 Interactive Learning Environments (3)
- EME 6235 Manage Educational Technology Projects (3)
- EME 6607 Analysis & Evaluation of Instructional Technology (3)
- EME 6936 Current Trends in Educational Technology (3)
- EME 6940 Practicum for Ed Tech Prof (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete the minimum number of credit hours specified by the certificate program.
- A grade of B or higher must be earned in all College of Education graduate courses used as prerequisites and each core course.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in the program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 8/30/2015.