Management majors are not eligible for a minor in Entrepreneurship if pursuing the concentration in Entrepreneurship in catalog years 2013/2014 and prior.
- Students must meet with a Lutgert College of Business advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must:
- Note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
- Contact a Lutgert College of Business advisor to certify completion of all course requirements for the declared minor as listed below.
Complete one of the following:
- ENT 2000 Intro to Entrepreneurship (3)
- MAN 3025 Principles of Management (3)*
Complete the following:
- ENT 3004 Entrepreneurship & Creativity (3)
- ENT 3114 New Venture Laboratory (3)
- ENT 3204 New Venture Growth (3)
- Select one approved elective from the following:
- ACG 3341 Cost Accounting (3)
- ADV 3008 Principles of Advertising (3)
- EGN 3641C Entrepreneurship Engineering (3)
- ENT 3273 Family Business (3)
- HFT 3757 Principles of Event (3)
- HFT 3802 Catering & Special Events (3)
- HFT 4275 Resort Development & Mgt. (3)
- HFT 4380 Golf Course Ownership (3)
- MAN 3781 Sustainable Business (3)
- MAN 4602 Global Business Strategy & Organization (3)
- MAR 3400 Professional Selling (3)
- MAR 3503 Consumer Behavior (3)
- MAR 4613 Market Research (3)
- REE 3043 Real Estate Fundamentals (3)
Other 3000/4999 level courses with an entrepreneurship focus may be considered to meet the elective requirement (see LCOB advisor).
*MAN 3025 - Required Business Common Core course for Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Management and Marketing majors.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 3/29/2017.