- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- FRE 3300 Advanced French Written Expression (3)
- FRE 3410 Advanced French Oral Expression (3)
Complete a minimum of 12 credits from the following:
- FRE 1120C (4) or [FRE 1120 (3) and FRE 1120L (1)] Beginning French 1
- FRE 1121C (4) or [FRE 1121 (3) and FRE 1121L (1)] Beginning French 2
- FRE 1952 French Study Abroad (4)
- FRE 2220C (4) or [FRE 2220 (3) and FRE 2220L (1)] Intermediate French 1
- FRE 2221C (4) or [FRE 2221 (3) and FRE 2221L (1)] Intermediate French 2
- FRE 2240 Intermediate French Conversation (3)
- FRE 4912 Independent Study in French (3)
- FRE 4930 Selected Topics in French (3)
- FRT 3140 French and Francophone Literary Masterworks in Translation (3)
- FRT 3550 Faces of France (3)
- FRT 3800 French Translation Skills (3)
- LIT 3144 Modern European Novel (3)
- LIT 3191 World Literature (3)
Required beginning and intermediate courses (and their labs) can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a French Placement Test. Determination of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of this test. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with other courses from the given list.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 4/26/2015.