Majors in Child and Youth Studies, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Biology Education, Secondary Mathematics Education, Secondary Social Science Education, Special Education, and Music Education are not eligible for the minor in Education.
- Students must meet with a College of Education advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must:
- Note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
- Contact a College of Education advisor to certify completion of all course requirements for the declared minor as listed below.
Required Courses (15 credits)
EDF 3251 Classroom Management & Organization (3)
EDF 4424 Measurement and Evaluation in the Classroom (3)
EDG 4343 Instructional Strategies (3)
RED 4344 Methods of Teaching Reading (3)
TSL 4340 Methods, Curr, and Instr Effect (3)
Restricted Electives (3 credits)
One of the following:
EDF 3132 Adolescent Growth & Development (3)*
EDF 4112 Child Growth & Development (3)**
*6-12 Teaching focus
**Pre K-6 Teaching focus
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 18
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 4/30/2017.