The mission of the EMBA program is to satisfy the need for executive education in Southwest Florida. The EMBA program is more than classroom experience. The program provides advanced management tools in a challenging and interactive learning environment that supports attainment of managerial and leadership excellence by participants.
Each academic year begins with a preparatory sessions held tow Saturdays in July. Thereafter, classes are scheduled on alternate Fridays and Saturdays. The program, which includes completion of 12 courses, is completed in two years. The biweekly format allows participants to maintain full job responsibilities while developing and enhancing their management skills. Participants represent major Southwest Florida organizations and industries and are proven executives with years of managerial experience.
Applicants are considered for admission on the basis of individual applications and interviews. Applicants usually have five (5) or more years of experience in significant levels of organizational or managerial responsibilities.
- General Admission Requirements:
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores where applicable.
- Meet one of the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) and application materials (see 2 below) demonstrating at least five (5) years of progressive managerial/professional experience including management of people, processes, budgets, or projects.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in upper division coursework (last 60 hours) and application materials (see 2 below) demonstrating at least eight (8) years of progressive managerial/professional experience including management of people, processes, budgets, or projects.
- Score of 500 or higher on the GMAT minimum GPA of 2.5 in upper division coursework (last 60 hours), and application materials demonstrating at least five (5) years of progressive managerial/professional experience including management of people, processes, budgets, or projects.
- International students must have a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based for international students from countries where English is not the primary language).
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants to the Executive MBA program must:
- Provide a cover letter outlining your academic qualifications and managerial experience.
- Provide a resume or biographical information
- Provide two (2) letters of reference and endorsement
- Participate in an interview with the program director
Recognizing the diverse nature and professional history of applicants, final determination of admission will be dependent upon the entire background of the applicant, not just one criterion.