The Minor in Political Science provides non-political science majors the opportunity to explore the field of political science through a six-course (18 credit hour) program of study.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must:
- Note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
- Contact a college advisor to certify completion of all course requirements for the declared minor as listed below.
Complete any two of the following introductory (1000-2999) courses: CPO 2001, INR 2005, INR 2015, POS 2041, POS 2112
Complete one upper-division (3000-4999) course from each of the following categories:
- One course in American Politics/Public Administration/Public Policy (POS, PAD, or PUP prefix), with the exception of POS 3043, POS 4734, POS 4905, POS 4941, and POS 4936.
- One course in Comparative Politics (CPO prefix), with the exception of CPO 3003 and CPO 4906.
- One course in International Relations (INR prefix), with the exception of INR 3003 and INR 4910.
- One course in Political Theory (POT prefix), with the exception of POT 4906.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 8/31/2015.