- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- BSC 2026 Human Sexuality (3)
- SYG 2220 Introduction to Gender Studies (3)
Complete nine credits from the following courses that have a gender focus:
- AMH 3561 Women in America to 1870 (3)
- AMH 3562 Women in America since 1870 (3)
- AML 4624 Literature by Women of Color (3)
- CCJ 4663 Female Crime (3)
- CCJ 4681 Domestic Violence (3)
- COM 3014 Communication and Gender (3)
- EUH 4610 Women and Family in the Middle Ages (3)
- HIS 3938 Issues in Interdisciplinary History (3)
- LIT 3301 Cultural Studies and Popular Arts (3)
- LIT 4493 Politics and Literature (3)
- LIT 4853 Topics in Cultural Critique (3)
- PHM 3101 Philosophies of Hman Liberation (3)
- PHM 4123 Feminist Philosophy (3)
- POS 4072 Women in Politics and Government (3)
- SOP 4777 Psychology of Human Sexuality (3)
- SOW 4194 Inter-relational Violence (3)
- SOW 4274 International Social Work (3)
- SYD 3800 Sociology of Gender (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)
- SYO 3120 Sociology of Marriage and Family (3)
- SYO 3530 Social Stratification (3)
- THE 2430 Perform Arts-Culturally Diverse Society (3)
- WOH 3221 Women and Gender in World History (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 4/30/2016.