- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following:
- CHM 1045C General Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 1045 (3) and CHM 1045L (1))
- CHM 1046C General Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 1046 (3) and CHM 1046L (1))
- CHM 2210C Organic Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 2210 (3) and CHM 2210L (1))
- CHM 2211C Organic Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 2211 (3) and CHM 2211L (1))
Complete two of the following:
- BCH 3023C Biochemistry (3)*
- BCH 3025C Analytical Biochemistry (3)
- BCH 4033C Advanced Biochemistry I (4)*
- BCH 4034C Advanced Biochemistry II (4)
- CHM 3005C Phys Chem for Life Sciences (4)
- CHM 3120C Analytical Chemistry (4)
- CHM 4080C Advanced Environmental Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4139C Instrumental Analysis (4)
- CHM 4220 Advanced Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4300 Bio-organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4610 Inorganic Chemistry (3) and CHM 4610L Inorganic Chemistry Lab (1)
- CHM 4671 Bioinorganic Chemistry (3)
- CHS 4544C Forensic Chemistry (3)
*Students may not count BOTH BCH 3023C and BCH 4033C towards the minor
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 22-24 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 10/23/2014.