Mathematics majors (BA or BS) are not eligible for the minor in Mathematics.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following:
- MAC 2311 Calculus I (4)
- MAC 2312 Calculus II (4)
- MAC 2313 Calculus III (4)
- MHF 2191 Mathematical Foundations (3)
Complete one of the following:
- MAP 2302 Differential Equations (3)
- MAS 3105 Linear Algebra (3)
Complete two courses from the following:
- IDS 3143 Issues in Science and Tech (3)
- MAA any 3000-4999 level course (3-4)
- MAD any 3000-4999 level course (3-4)
- MAP any 3000-4999 level course (3-4)
- MAS any 3000-4999 level course (3-4)
- MAT 4930 Special Topics (3)
- MHF 4404 History of Math (3)
- STA 4234 Intro to Regression Analysis (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 24-26
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer coursework deemed equivalent to the calculus sequence may be substituted for all or part of MAC 2311-2312-2313. Specialized courses in calculus for business, architecture, or life sciences, regardless of when or where taken, are not considered equivalent to MAC 2311, 2312, and/or 2313. Determinations of equivalence will be made by the mathematics faculty on a case-by-case basis. The statewide articulation agreement only requires the receiving institution to accept MAC 2311, 2312, and 2313 as a completed sequence. Awarding equivalence for partial completion of the sequence is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 5/25/2017.