BME, BMT, and BA-Music Performance Majors are not eligible for the minor in Music.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Audition Requirement - To be accepted into the program, students must complete the Bower School of Music online application and audition for admittance.
Please see http://www.fgcu.edu/CAS/Music/auditions.html for information about auditions.
Complete each of the following:
- Any MUN 1000-2999 Music Ensemble (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2)
- Any MUN 3000-4999 Music Ensemble (1 cr x 3 semesters) (3)
- MUT 1111 Music Theory I (3)
- MUT 1241 Aural Skills I (1)
- MVK 1111 Class Piano (1) *
- MVx 1xxx Freshman Applied Music (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2)**
- MVx 2xxx Sophomore Applied Music (1 cr x 2 semesters) (2) **
- MVx 3xxx Junior Applied Music (1 cr x 1 semester) (1) **
Complete one of the following:
- MUL 2010 Intro to Music Literature (3)
- MUH 2512 World Music Cultures (3)
Complete three credits from the following:
- Any upper level music course(s) for which the student has completed the prerequisites (MUX 3000-4999)
*Students may be exempt based on performance on the piano placement exam.
** Applied Music Study must occur in five separate semesters, including one at the upper level. Students registered for applied music MVx 1xxx - MVx 4xxx must be registered concurrently for a large ensemble (MUN 1120, 1310, 2210, 3133, 3313, 3343, 4143 or 4213, as appropriate) each semester.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 20-21 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 2/20/2017.