- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete 9 hours from the following:
- REL 2306 Contemporary World Religions (3)
- REL 3111 Religion in Film (3)
- REL 3213 Hebrew Bible (3)
- REL 3241 New Testament (3)
- REL 3413 Seven Deadly Sins (3)
- REL 3930 ST: Religion (3) (may be repeated once)
- PHI 3720 Faith and Reason (3)
Complete 6 hours from the following:
- Any REL or PHI course from the list above*
- ANT 4241 Magic and Religion (3)
- ASH 3323 Modern South Asia (3)
- ASH 3404 Modern China (3)
- EUH 3121 Fall of Rome/Barbarian Kingdoms (3)
- EUH 3122 High/Later Middle Ages (3)
- EUH 3142 Renaissance and Reformation (3)
- EUH 3241 The Holocaust (3)
- EUH 4124 The Crusades (3)
- EUH 4180 Medieval Heresy & Inquisition (3)
- PHH 3801 Self in Eastern Philosophy (3)
- PHM 3101 Philosophies of Liberation (3)
- PHP 3786 Existentialism (3)
*Courses used to satisfy one elective category cannot be used to satisfy another elective category.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 5/31/2016.