- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete 6 hours from the following:
- Cultural Studies
- AML 4713 Working-Class Literature in the U.S. (3)
- INR 2005 Peace and Conflict in the Public Sphere (3)
- LIT 4353 Ethnic Studies (3)
- POT 3075 Culture and Politics (3)
- POT 4514 Theories of Political Violence (3)
Complete 9 hours from the following with at least 3 hours from each category:
- Area Studies
- CPO 3303 Latin American Politics (3)
- CPO 3403 Politics of the Middle East (3)
- INR 4303 U.S. Foreign Policy (3)
- Legal Studies
- CCJ 4662 Minorities and Crime (3)
- CJL 4415 Law and Social Control (3)
- POS 3691 Law, Politics, and Society (3)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 15 HRS
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 2/21/2017.