The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides students with a challenging curriculum and preparation for leadership in careers across all types of business and public organizations. This professional degree program emphasizes the application of analytical, technical, and behavioral tools to solve organizational problems. Within the coursework required for the degree, students learn fundamental concepts across all of the business disciplines. Leadership and teamwork, the appropriate application of technology, entrepreneurial approaches, and global and ethical awareness are integrated throughout the program.
Program Admission Requirements
See program website at URL listed above.
Program Progression And Additional Graduation Requirements
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale throughout the program (see the Probation/Dismissal section of the Graduate Student Guidebook).
- A student who receives three grades of "C" or lower is automatically suspended from the program (see Probation/Dismissal section of the Graduate Student Guidebook).
- Foundation courses are prerequisite to required courses. Questions regarding course sequencing should be directed to the Graduate Advisor.
- Students may transfer a maximum of six credit hours of approved graduate level coursework from a regionally accredited institution. All transfer courses must have been completed within the past six years with a grade of B or higher. The evaluation of academic transcripts and articulation of transfer courses must be approved by the appropriate academic department. Refer to course waiver guidelines above.
- Foundation Courses (9 credits)
FIN 5405 Foundations of Econ/Finance (3)
MAN 6051 Management/Marketing Concepts (3)
ISM 6021 Management Info Systems (3)
- Core courses (30 credits)
ACG 6075 Managerial Accounting (3)
BUL 6456 Legal and Ethical Issues (3)
ECP 6705 Managerial Economics (3)
FIN 6406 Financial Management (3)
GEB 6895 Business Strategy (3)
MAN 6266 The Challenge of Leadership (3)
MAN 6607 Global Organization Issues (3)
MAR 6807 Adv Market Analysis & Strategy (3)
QMB 6303 Business Analytics (3)
TRA 6158 Operations Management (3)
- Restricted Electives (6 credits)
Select 6 credit hours of 5000-6999 level coursework with prefix ACG, ECO, ENT, FIN, GEB, ISM, MAN, MAR, or TRA. Foundation courses may not satisfy this requirement.
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 45
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 8/21/2017.