Biotechnology (BS), Biology (BA or BS), and Forensic Science majors are not eligible for the minor in Biology.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following:
- BSC 1010C General Biology with lab I (4) or (BSC 1010 (3) and BSC 1010L (1))
- BSC 1011C General Biology with lab II (4) or (BSC 1011 (3) and BSC 1011L (1))
- PCB 3063C Genetics (4) [additional prerequisite CHM 1045C or (CHM 1045 and CHM 1045L)]
Complete 9 hours from the following:
- Any course with the prefixes ANS, BOT, BSC, MCB, PCB, or ZOO from 3000-4999 level.
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 21
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 6/28/2017.