Registration and Records

2016-2017 Catalog Year


Withdrawal is the formal process of leaving the university during a term. Course withdrawals from all classes does not constitute formal withdrawal from the university. A formal withdrawal can be initiated by submitting a Withdrawal Application in person, by mail or by fax to the Office of the Registrar. Withdrawal Applications are available on the web

Students who formally withdraw from the university by the “last date to withdraw without academic penalty,” as published in the Academic Calendar, will receive a grade of W in each course. Students who withdraw after the published “last date to withdraw without academic penalty” will receive a grade of WF in each course. A student who withdraws may not continue to attend class. Requests for appeals to the withdrawal policy should be submitted in writing with appropriate documentation to the appropriate college. For medical withdrawal procedures, please refer to Medical Withdrawal section.