From your responses to the quiz, it appears as though you are effectively communicating!
How To Continue To Communicate Effectively
- Be Yourself! Be real about your beliefs, interests, and lifestyle to ensure that you and your partner can live honestly and happily.
- Use "I" Statements! Give ownership and direction to your thoughts and feelings. Keep using the formula:
"I feel/think/want (express the feeling/thought/desire)...when (state the behavior causing it)...because (identify the reason)..."
- Respond With Understanding! Continue to reflect on what your partner said to ensure you are both on the same page. Keep using the formula:
"Sounds like you're feeling/thinking/wanting (express his or her emotion, thought, or desire you hear)...because (state the reason you heard for it)..."
- Set Boundaries! Make sure you and your partner have plenty of "alone time" as well as "couple time".
- Evaluate Expectations! Remember to assess if your expectations of your partner are realistic. Also, continue voice your needs without assuming he or she knows what they are.