"The Indispensable Administrative Assistant" Workshop Offered by FGCU Florida Insitute of Government
FORT MYERS, FL - Employees from both the private and public sectors are invited to attend a one-day course “The Indispensable Administrative Assistant” presented by the Florida Institute of Government at Florida Gulf Coast University from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 9. The course will be held at the Center for Professional Development at Edison Community College.
The workshop will teach new skills to move a career forward and enjoy it more. The workshop will provide practical ideas and skills that can be applied immediately to the job.
· Practice the keys to conflict resolution
· Build on your skills in problem solving
· Enhance your ability to use interpersonal skills even in challenging situations
· Increase your ability to get your ideas across so they get heard
· Gain a greater understanding of how to relate to all communication styles
· Learn the secret to personal and professional goal setting
· Sharpen your verbal and written communication skills
· Discover creative win-win ways to deal with office politics
Libby Anderson is instructor for the program. She has 16 years of diverse experience in human resources. Following her graduation from Iowa State University with a B.S. in speech communications, she launched her HR career with the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. During her tenure there, Anderson was part of the initial process leading up to the company receiving the Malcolm Baldridge Award for quality. She has professional experience in industries such as health care, manufacturing, real estate, construction, government, nonprofits and PEOs (professional employer organizations). She received the Florida “Best of the Best” award from specialty retail company Jacobson’s for her HR contributions
The central purpose of the Institute is to help promote superior performance in government and nonprofit organizations through quality training, consulting and technical assistance. As an accredited comprehensive public university, FGCU addresses the higher educational needs of Southwest Florida and provides a learning-centered environment that offers high quality educational opportunities, such as administratively hosting the Institute.
For more information, contact institute director Joanne Hartke at (941) 590-7815. Registration for the workshop is $66.