FGCU Pre-Hurricane Frances Update
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University cancels classes and activities as of 12:30 p.m. today until further notice in anticipation of the landfall of Hurricane Frances. All FGCU nonessential personnel may leave the campus as of 3 p.m.
· All campus services end at 3 p.m. today
· Dining services are available through 2 p.m. today
· Employees who receive hard copy paychecks may obtain them immediately from the Cashier's Office and until 5 p.m. today
· Direct deposit employee paychecks will be available Friday, Sept. 3 via the employee's usual bank
· The student registration and fee payment deadline set for Friday, Sept. 3 remains in effect. Students may use either the night deposit located at the Cashier's window in McTarnaghan Hall or pay online with a credit card via the FGCU Gulfline access.
· Students living in campus housing will be evacuated to Alico Arena. FGCU Police Chief Robert Harris and Director of Housing Pam Schreiber will determine and announce the mandatory evacuation schedule.
· All employees and students are advised to remain informed of FGCU's status throughout the hurricane by tuning in to WGCU-FM 90.1 and WMKO-FM 91.7 on Marco Island. WGCU-TV cable channel 3 will also broadcast updates on the status of FGCU.
For more information, contact associate vice president for Community Relations Audrea Anderson at (239) 590-1083.