FGCU School of Engineering Appoints Advisory Board
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University recently announced the installation of a 14-member advisory board for the FGCU School of Engineering to assist in the development of the vision, mission and strategic goals for the school, as well as in the oversight of curricula and degree programs to educate undergraduates and eventually graduate students.
The board members also assist with securing endowments, recruiting faculty and serving as ambassadors for the engineering program.
"Our advisory board members are extremely knowledgeable in the field of engineering," School of Engineering director Susan Blanchard said. "We are excited to embark on this journey together to benefit the students and FGCU."
Board members include the following.
· Linda Lucas, Ph.D., School of Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham
· Roxanne Gause, P.E., Ardaman & Associates Inc. in Fort Myers
· Sam Hulbert, Ph.D., of Naples, Rose Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Ind.
· Richard Kenyon, Ph.D., of Port Charlotte, P.E., Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, N.Y.
· Frank Maas, Arthrex Inc. in Naples
· Carla Palmer, P.E., South Florida Water Management District in Fort Myers
· Peter Schutz, Harris and Schutz Inc. in Naples
· Steve Shimp, P.E., Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. in Fort Myers and Naples
· Tom Taylor, P.E., Hole Montes Inc. in Naples, Fort Myers and Venice
· Walter Weisel, Robotic Workplace Technologies Inc. in Fort Myers
· Jeffery Wilson, P.E., WilsonMiller in Naples
· Don Giddens, Ph.D., College of Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta
· Michael Moody, Ph.D., Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering in Needham, Mass.
· Domenico Grasso, Ph.D., P.E., College of Engineering and Mathematics, University of Vermont in Burlington
Individual member biographies are available at http://opal.fgcu.edu/transit/board.htm.
For more information, media representatives should contact associate vice president for Community Relations Audrea Anderson at (239) 590-1083.