FGCU Announces Five Finalists for New Vice President's Position;
Campus Visitations Begin March 27
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University announces five finalists for the newly created position of vice president for Student Affairs. Campus visitations by each candidate begin the week of March 27.
"I am pleased to announce that the FGCU search committee for the vice president for Student Affairs has named five candidates for campus interviews," President William C. Merwin said.
"They are all outstanding candidates, and I look forward to welcoming them to campus during March and April for formal interviews and a variety of open forum opportunities for students, faculty and staff."
By visitation schedule, finalists are:
· Monday and Tuesday, March 27-28: Marsha Jackson, associate vice president of Student Affairs at Erie Community College in Buffalo, N.Y.
· Wednesday and Thursday, March 29-30: Timothy Quinnan, associate vice president for Student Affairs at Florida State University in Tallahassee.
· Monday and Tuesday, April 3-4: Melvin Terrell, vice president for Student Affairs and professor of counselor education at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago.
· Wednesday and Thursday, April 5-6: Deborrah Hebert, dean of Student Life at Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas.
· Monday and Tuesday, April 10-11: Michael Rollo, associate vice president for Student Affairs at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
Each candidate participates in an individual reception and forums with FGCU faculty, staff and students, and attends interview and discussion sessions with the President, the President's direct reports, vice presidents, deans, Student Government, Student Affairs Staff, Faculty Senate leadership, search committee members, students, and staff.
For more information, contact chair of the search committee Hudson Rogers at (239) 590-7011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.