FGCU Division of Student Affairs Invites the Media to an Open House
for Everglades Hall; FGCU's Second Student Residential Community
WHO Florida Gulf Coast University Division of Student Affairs, Office of Housing & Residence Life, for the media
WHAT "Open House for Everglades Hall" for faculty and staff in celebration of the opening of Everglades Hall in South Village.
Comments by FGCU President Wilson G. Bradshaw and others begin at 10:20 a.m. Tours of the residence hall will begin immediately following the brief program. Refreshments will be served.
WHEN 10 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Oct. 2
WHERE Everglades Hall in South Village
WHY General facts about Everglades Hall include:
• Second residential community at FGCU, at a cost of $18.5 million
• Occupancy: 406 residents
• 125,000 square feet, five stories; two wings per floor; 2 elevators to all floors
• 186 two bedroom suites; each suite has two private bathrooms and a shared split-style bathroom
• Residents have representation in the Resident Housing Association
• Architect: Harper Aiken Donahue Partners
• Developer: University Housing Services Inc.
• Contractor: Kraft Construction Company Inc.
• Web link for more information http://studentservices.fgcu.edu/Housing/index.htm and
CONTACT Sue Thomas at (239) 590-1701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.