SBDC Hosts Social Media Workshop Series
FORT MYERS, FL - The Small Business Development Center at Florida Gulf Coast University will host a six-week Social Media Workshop, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct.1 to Thursday, Nov. 5 at Sugden Welcome Center - room 108 on campus.
The six-week series will focus on making social media a key element for business owners, as well as making it part of their business plan.
"Today if you are a business owner, it is very important to have both traditional and social media as part of your strategic marketing plan," said Theresa Ayers, presenter for the series and owner of Get Smart Web Consulting, a company that helps clients create an online presence.
The series begins as follows:
• October 1: Blogging and Article Writing – Increase web presence by sharing business, industry and personal interest.
• October 8: Facebook – Establish a more personalized and interactive presence.
• October 15: Linkedin – Build on established business connections, and create new business by sharing expertise to more than 30 business networks.
• October 22: Twitter – Learn the art of doing business in 140 characters or less.
• October 29: The Video Revolution – Discover how short, simple and well targeted videos can increase the bottom line.
• November 5: Pulling it All Together – The final class provides an opportunity for participants to put together what they learned about using social media to grow their business.
Cost to attend the six-week workshop is $150 with advanced payment received by Sept. 28. Individual sessions are $35 each.
Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be completed online at www.sbdcseminars.org or by calling the SBDC main office at (239) 745-3700.
The SBDC at FGCU has been helping Southwest Florida small business owners for over 13 years with free counseling, workshops and seminars. The SBDC is located in the Lutgert College of Business at FGCU.
For further information, contact SBDC assistant director Suzanne Specht at (239) 745-3704.