PLEASE NOTE: No holds will be lifted between 12/23/2016 and 1/02/2017. Hold removal will resume on January 3rd, 2017.
CAN'T FIND YOUR MSB LOGIN INFORMATION? Click here and follow Step #4.
FGCU is excited to offer MyStudentBody.com (MSB), an interactive, confidential, online wellness program. Completion of the MSB Essentials Course is a university requirement for all new undergraduate, transfer, or dual-enrolled students, which can help make your college experience a safer, healthier and more successful one.
MyStudentBody Essentials Course provides personalized health information, interactive tools, and coping strategies that are up-to-date and scientifically accurate. The MSB Essentials Course consists of three separate sections covering the topics of alcohol, drugs, and sexual violence. MSB also features a Student Center section, which offers helpful information on areas such as nutrition, stress, and sexual health.
Completion of the MSB Essentials Course is required for all new undergraduate, transfer, and dual-enrolled students. Please follow instructions exactly as stated to avoid problems having the hold removed from your account.
Before you get started, please read through the following guide.
1) All new undergraduate, transfer, and dual-enrolled students are required to pass the MSB Essentials Course before they can register for their next semester of classes.
2) ALL of your responses are completely confidential.
3) FGCU expects all academic work to be the student's own, and MSB is no exception. Academic Honesty means performing all academic work without plagiarism, cheating, lying, tampering, stealing, receiving unauthorized or illegitimate assistance from any other person, or using any source of information that is not common knowledge. Academic Dishonesty is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct, and will be reported to the FGCU Dean of Students' Office.
4) You must have Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat Reader to run or view course content. RealAudio or a similar sound program is recommended but not required. These standard browsers and plug-ins are readily available on most web-enabled computers in the U.S. Most campus computers are equipped with these programs. (Note: International students may have difficulty accessing the site from their home countries. In this case, these students should wait until arriving on campus to complete the requirement.)
5) If you're experiencing technical difficulties with the course:
-Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions
-Contact MyStudentBody.com Tech Support
6) Carefully read the Login Instructions before you begin.
The Essentials Course of MSB is required for all new undergraduate, transfer, and dual-enrolled students. The online course must be passed with a 70% or higher. The Essentials Course will take anywhere from 1-3 hours to complete.
A hold exists on students' accounts until this requirement is complete. A hold will prevent you from registering for your next semester of classes until you have fulfilled this requirement.
Once you have passed the course, the hold on your account will be automatically lifted within 24 hours and you should be able to register for your next semester of classes. After you pass the course, you will be awarded an electronic certificate to indicate that you have passed. If you do not receive a passing certificate, you did not pass and the hold will not be lifted.
Think you took and passed the course but still have a hold? Please click here.
Questions about meeting the requirement: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (239) 745-4204
Learn more about the research behind MSB: https://www.mystudentbody.com/General/Research.aspx
Alcohol Resources and Services
Prevention & Wellness: 239-590-7733, located on the first floor of Howard Hall
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS): 239-590-7950, Howard Hall 228