More information for the Eighth Annual Sanibel Writers Conference Coming Soon!
The following inforamtion was for the 2012 Conference. New information will be forthcoming for the 2013 Conference:
The full-time registration cost is:
- $400 for non-student registration if postmarked after August 1, 2012
- $350 for non-student registration if postmarked before August 1, 2012
- $300 for Big Arts members
- $250 for students (with current ID)
For an additional fee, full-time registrants have two options to receive feedback on a pre-submitted manuscript:
- For $75, participants can meet privately with a writer, agent, or editor to discuss a manuscript. Once you’ve submitted your manuscript, you & your reader will arrange a mutually convenient meeting time. Most manuscript consultations last 30-45 minutes. Complete list of individual manuscript consultants on page 2 of this document.
- For $100, participants can register for a small-group manuscript workshop to discuss & critique one another’s manuscripts. Workshops will be held in the afternoon and be genre specific (fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, journalism). Each workshop will be led by one of our presenters, cap at six participants, and last approximately two and a half hours per day. Complete list of small-group manuscript workshop leaders on page 2 of this document.
- Each workshop is limited to six participants. Those registering for the small-group afternoon manuscript workshops: All registered participants will receive each other’s manuscripts by October 1. You should read and prepare feedback prior to attending the conference. The manuscripts will be discussed and critiqued during the workshop.
Manuscript guidelines for private consultation & small-group workshop:
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as an attached Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2012. Please include the name of your workshop leader/manuscript reader in the subject of your e-mail.
- Manuscripts should have one-inch margins, a 12-font size, and not exceed ten double-spaced pages.
- Full contact info—name, address, phone number, and e-mail address—should appear on page one of your manuscript.
- Pages should be numbered and include your last name in the upper right-hand corner.
- If the manuscript is an excerpt from a longer work, please provide an introductory/contextualizing, 100-word synopsis on page one.