The colors of predesigned slide templates can be changed and a
color scheme can be added to blank presentations. This page explains
how to add color schemes and background images to slides.
- Select Format|Slide Color Scheme from the menu bar.
- Click one of the preset color scheme thumbnail images in the
Color schemes box.
- Click the Preview button to see how the scheme will appear
on the slide.
- To make changes to the color scheme, click the Custom
tab on the dialog box.
- Change the colors of the slide elements by selecting the color
swatch beside the name of the element and clicking the Change
- Highlight one of the colors from the Text and Line Color
window or select the Custom tab to view more color choices
and click OK when finished.
- When you have finished all color formatting, click Apply
to All to apply the color scheme to all the slides in the
presentation or Apply to add the scheme only to the current
Follow these steps to add background colors and patterns to a
- Select Format|Background from the menu bar.
- Select a color from the drop-down menu below the Background
fill preview or choose More Colors... for a larger
- Select Fill Effects from the drop-down menu to add gradients,
texture, patterns, or a picture to the background.
- Gradient tab
- Select One color if the color chosen will fade into
the background and select the color from the Color 1
drop-down menu. Choose Two colors if the gradient will
use two colors and select those colors from the Color 1
and Color 2 drop-down menus. Preset provides
a selection of color combinations. Select one from the Preset
colors drop-down menu.
- Select the type of gradient from Shading styles.
- Click one of the four Variants of the styles chosen.
- Texture tab
From the Texture window, select a repeating background by scrolling
through the thumbnail images or click Other Texture...
to select an image from a file.
- Pattern tab
Select a two-tone pattern by clicking one of the pattern swatches
and selecting the Foreground and Background colors.
- Picture tab
Click the Select Picture button to choose a picture from
a file. After the picture is selected, a preview and description
will be shown in this window.
- Click OK to apply the changes made from the Fill Effects
- Click Apply to All to add the changes to every slide
or Apply to make changes only to the current slide.