Change the style of all slides in the presentation by changing
the properties on the Slide Master. Each Design Template
has its own Slide Master that can be altered. If you create slides
from scratch, a consistent style can be added to the presentation
by formatting the Slide Master.
- Select View|Master|Slide Master from the menu bar.
- Format the master slide just as you would format a regular slide
by formatting text, formatting lists, adding background patterns
and effects, and setting footers.
- Click the Close button on the Master toolbar to
quit editing the master slide and return to the presentation.
Headers and Footers
Add the date and time, slide numbers, and other footer text to
the master slide from the Header and Footer window.
- Select View|Header and Footer... from the menu bar.
- Check the Date and time box to add this feature to the
slide. Select Update automatically to always display the
current date and time or click Fixed and enter a date that
will not change in the text field provided.
- Check the Slide number box to add this feature to the
- Click the Footer box and add other text to the footer
area of the slide.
- Check the Don't show on title slide box to hide these
features on the title slide of the presentation.
- Click the Notes and Handouts tab to make the same changes
to notes and handouts pages.
- Click Apply to All to add the changes to every slide
or Apply to add only to the current slide.
To add the slide numbers in a fixed position on the slide, use
the Header and Footer window detailed above. The slide number
can otherwise be added anywhere on the slide by placing the cursor
where the slide number should appear and selecting Insert|Slide
Number from the menu bar. The text of the slide number can the
formatting just as regular text style is changed.
Date and Time
A date and/or time can also be added using the Header and Footer
window or anywhere else on the slide. Place the cursor where the
date and time should appear on the slide and select Insert|Date
and Time from the menu bar. Select a format from the Available
formats box and click Update automatically if this feature
should always be updated to reflect the current date and time. Click
OK to finish.