Simple web pages can be created in Word using the Save as Feature. In a web document, you can insert pictures and hyperlinks. To view the document as you would a web page:
- Click the View Tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Web Layout Button in the Document Views Group
To enter text into the document, simply begin typing. If you want to adjust the layout of the page and text, you should use tables to format the page properly.
Hyperlinks, or links, allow the reader to click on text and go to another web site. To create a hyperlink:
- Select the text that will be the link
- Click the Insert Tab of the Ribbon
- Click the Hyperlink Button on the Links Group
- Type in the web address, or URL, of the link
- Click OK
Saving Web Pages
To save a web page:
- Click the Office Button
- Move the cursor over Save As
- Click Other Formats
- Under Save as Type, click Web Page
- Type in the name of the document (without spaces)
· · · ·
FGCU does not provide personal support for Office 2007 programs to outside parties.
© FGCU 2007. This is an official FGCU
Florida Gulf Coast University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Contact the Webmaster |