A calculated field is a field that gets its information from the calculations performed on other fields. You can build calculated fields in the Query screen by using the addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*) and division (/) operators.
Expressions a combination of functions, field names, numbers, text, and the operators listed above.
To build an expression to create a calculated field:
- Open an existing query or start a new query
- Click on the View Button
- Click on Design View
- In the Query Pane, right-click on the field where you would like to create the calculation
- Click Build
- Choose the tables that you wish to build the calculation from
- Double-click the field that you want to include in the calculation
- Click the operator that you wish to include in the calculation
- Click the second field you wish to include in the calculation
- Click OK
The Zoom Dialog Box allows you to view an entire expression at one time. To view the Zoom Dialog Box:
- In Design View, right click on the field you want to display
- Click Zoom
· · · ·
FGCU does not provide personal support for Office 2007 programs to outside parties.
© FGCU 2007. This is an official FGCU
Florida Gulf Coast University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Contact the Webmaster |