Table relationships are the associations of data between tables. By defining table relationships, you can pull records from related tables based on matching fields.
A one-to-one relationship is between two tables where the primary key in one table and the foreign key in another table are the same. For each record in the first table, there is a single matching record in the second table.
A one-to-many relationship occurs between two tables where the primary key in one table can be duplicated many times in another table
Creating Table Relationships
To create relationships between tables:
- Click the Database Tools tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Relationships button
- Click on the Design tab
- Click Show Table
Select the desired tables
- Click the field you wish to create a relationship from
- Drag it to the matching field in the other table
- Click Create
Print a Table Relationship
- Click the Database Tools tab
- Click the Relationships Button
- Click the Relationship Report Button on the Design tab
· · · ·
FGCU does not provide personal support for Office 2007 programs to outside parties.
© FGCU 2007. This is an official FGCU
Florida Gulf Coast University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Contact the Webmaster |