How to Zip (compress) a Folder or File
- Right click on the folder or file you want to zip
- Scroll down to “Send To”
- Click on “Compressed Zipped Folder”
- A .zip file containing the folder or file will be created.
Note: The zip file will be located where the folder or file you selected to zip is located (i.e. If a folder on the Desktop named “Assignment_04” was zipped, then a zip file “Assignment_04.zip” will appear on the Desktop).
How to Extract Contents from a Zip File
- Right click on the zip file
- Click on “Open”
- On the left side of the window under Folder Tasks, click “Extract all files”.
- Follow the directions as you work through the extraction process.