Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
Florida Gulf Coast University Celebration of Excellence Awards
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University Fourth Annual Celebration of Excellence Awards will be presented at 5:30 p.m., Friday, April 27, 2001 in FGCU Reed Hall 249.
Award presentations will be made in the following categories:
· The “XX” - to 20 outstanding faculty, staff, and students
· Five year service awards - Victoria Bakes, Susan Baurer, Leslie Bielen, Harriett Bohannon, Peggy Bradley, John Crowley, Carol Davis, Victoria Dimidjian, Barbara Gray, Mary Kay Hartung, Julie Heuer, Lynda Jack, Charles (CR) Lyons, Steve Magiera, Muriel Olsen, Dennis Pataniczek, Richard Pegnetter, Mary Price, Joseph Ravelli, Daphyne Sesco, Joseph Shepard, Neal Snyder, Halcyon St. Hill, David Vazquez, Ellen Williamson
· Presidential Commendation of Honor - Cathy Duff, Assistant Dean of Planning & Evaluation
· Inaugural Yearbook Presentation
· Who’s Who Among American University Students
· McTarnaghan “McT” Award for Student Centeredness
· University Support Personnel Services (USPS) Employee of the Year Award - JENNIFER CRABILL, Senior Fiscal Assistant, Auxiliary Management
· Administrative and Professional (A & P) Employee of the Year Award - ROSEMARY MEZA, Coordinator, Academic programs, College of Business
· Excellence in Service Awards - The Crest, SISSEL ROBERTSON, PEGGY STOBB, KRISTEN BELL, KELLE PRATT
· Student of the Year Award - CHARITY HAMILTON, Junior, Clinical lab Science
· Special recognition of "Inaugural Freshman Class of 1997"
The new members of the 2000 -2001 "XX" (The Twenty) are:
Faculty: KATHLEEN HOETH, Interim Dean, Library Services; JOSEPH RAVELLI, Dean Planning and Evaluation; CLIFFORD RENK, Professor Clinical Lab Sciences; GREG TOLLEY, Assoc. Professor College of Arts and Sciences; LUDMILLA WELLS, Assistant Professor College of Business.
Administration: MARSHA BANKSTON, University Registrar; ISAAC BRUNDAGE, Coordinator Academic Programs; CYNTHIA EWALD, Coordinator Tutoring Services; HILLES HUGHES, Coordinator Career Development Services, GREG SAWYER, Dean, Student Services.
Staff: VIKKI BAKES, Administration Assistant, Operations and Maintenance; NELLIE CONKLIN, Executive Secretary, College of Arts and Sciences; ADA DUNWOODY, Senior Maintenance Superintendent; DAVID LOUNSBURY, Law Enforcement Sergeant; TROY KELLY, Refrigeration Mechanic
Students: SHALYN BARNES, a Junior majoring in Liberal Studies (English); CHRISTINA CHUDERSKI, Junior, Elementary Education; KELLEE PRATT, Junior, English major; MAGALI SOLIMANO, Junior, Computer Information Services; RONDA WEEKLEY, Junior, Liberal Studies.
These awards are given to recognize those who have contributed to the excellence of the University.
For more information contact Dr. Vincent June, 590-7928.who serves as coordinator for the "Celebration of Excellence" recognition event.
As an accredited comprehensive public university, FGCU addresses the higher educational needs of Southwest Florida and provides a learning-centered environment that offers high quality educational opportunities for the general public.