Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
Second Annual Small Business Week
June 3-7 in Bonita Springs
FORT MYERS, FL - Local business owners take advantage of seminars to benefit their businesses during the Second Annual Small Business Week June 3 through June 7 at the Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Florida Gulf Coast University Small Business Development Center.
Keynote speaker for the closing luncheon is creator of Chuck E. Cheese family entertainment Gene Landrum. His books include Eight Keys to Greatness: How to Unlock Your Hidden Potential and Profiles of Female Genius: Thirteen Creative Women Who Changed the World.
In addition, Sen. Burt Saunders presents awards to several small businesses recognized for their accomplishments in the small business sector with one business named 2002 Small Business of the Year.
Daily programs include:
· The Media and Your Business, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Monday, June 3
· Crossing the Lines of Communication, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday, June 4
· Business to Business, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, June 5
· Business Challenges and Workforce Issues, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Thursday, June 6
· Small Business of the Year Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friday, June 7
AmSouth Bank, Bonita Daily News, Bonita Banner and Yours Buy Request sponsor the event.
Advance registration is required for all events. The workshop series is $25 for Chamber members and $40 for non-members.
The luncheon is $20 for Chamber members and $40 for non-members.
For more information about the workshop series or luncheon, contact membership director Trish Leonard at (941) 992-2943.
For more information about the FGCU SBDC, contact director Dan Regelski at (941) 948-1820.