Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1006
Fax: (239) 590-1066
Small Business Owners Invited to 11-week Entrepreneurial Training Program
FORT MYERS, FL - Small business owners are encouraged to take their businesses to the next level by attending the 11-week “FastTrac Planning” program offered by the Florida Gulf Coast University Small Business Development Center and the University of Florida Extension Service, beginning Tuesday, Sept. 10 at the Colonial Bank Building on U.S. 41 in Bonita Springs, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The entrepreneurial training program was created to unleash the potential of the participant’s business. Graduates of FastTrac Planning say the program encourages entrepreneurs to streamline their business processes, analyze strengths and shortcomings, and achieve more balance in their work and personal lives.
During each three-hour class, FastTrac Planning participants share ideas, strategies and successes by working closely with other entrepreneurs in the intensive learning environment. Participants study how to hone business skills that will shape their businesses for years to come.
Specifically through FastTrac Planning, participants learn how to develop:
· Knowledge of a successful business planning process
· A business plan that follows a planning template focused on growth strategies and effective business management
· A better understanding of market opportunities
· Insight on how to use resources to their best advantage
· A network of entrepreneurial peers
· Valuable mentor relationships
· A sense of themselves as entrepreneurs
· An understanding of such key business concepts as marketing, market position, finance, customer relations and operations
· A library of business reference materials, including an interactive CD-ROM that they can use to update and modify their business plan
Seasoned entrepreneurs and SBDC staff instruct FastTrac Planning. The participant’s business serves as a case study in the hands-on program.
The deadline for applying is Friday, Aug. 30.
The cost is $550 for two people from the same business to attend. Scholarships that pay for 50 percent of the cost are available.
For more information, contact Beth Hagan at (941) 947-8085.