Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1006
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Charlotte Center Offers Six-Week Introduction to the U.S. Constitution, Supreme Court
FORT MYERS, FL - The Florida Gulf Coast University Charlotte Center is offering the six-week non-credit course “First Monday: An Introduction to Our Constitution and the United States Supreme Court” from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. beginning Monday, Oct. 7 at the Charlotte County Cultural Center Room 11. The course ends Monday, Nov. 11.
· Oct. 7: Where does the Supreme Court get its power?
· Oct. 14: The Second Amendment and banning guns
· Oct. 21: Book censorship and the First Amendment
· Oct. 28: Applying the death penalty to minors and the mentally ill
· Nov. 4: Can a witness be anonymous or veiled when testifying?
· Nov. 11: Your Bill of Rights: What it really means to us and our way of life
FGCU adjunct professor Steven Tull is instructor for the course. He is a former professor at the Massachusetts School of Law in Andover.
Participants may attend any session for $15, payable at the door, or all six classes for $60.
For more information, call (941) 255-7414.