Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Florida Institute of Government Presents "Management Strategies for the Changing Workforce" Workshop
FGCU Florida Institute of Government Presents
“Management Strategies for the Changing Workforce” Workshop
WHO FGCU Florida Institute of Government, for managers from both the private and public sectors
WHAT “Management Strategies for the Changing Workforce” one-day workshop from the Florida Institute of Government’s Professional Development Series. The workshop is designed to create an understanding of the changing workforce and the ways managers can be more effective in their roles. Attendees will participate in assessments to clarify values, flexibility and management styles.
WHEN 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 7
WHERE FGCU Broadcast Building Room 111
· Provide an understanding of the changing workforce and ways the “Best 100 companies” keep them productive
· Provide a model of a worker-friendly environment
· Assess values and flexibility quotient related to the changing workforce
· Discuss assumptions and barriers which interfere with managing
· Discuss and practice flexible management techniques
· Discuss and practice manager communications styles that work
· Provide problem-solving discussion for specific situations
· Provide a format for making change, setting new goals and developing an action plan
CONTACT Institute director Joanne Hartke at (239) 590-7815.