Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU, Wachovia Present First Educational Symposium on Consumer & Financial Issues for Senior Citizens
FORT MYERS, FL - Senior citizens and guardians of the elderly in Southwest Florida are invited to attend the First Educational Symposium on Consumer and Financial Issues Facing Senior Citizens from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 21 in the Florida Gulf Coast University Student Union Ballroom.
Sponsored by FGCU and Wachovia, the symposium includes concurrent breakout sessions and guest speakers.
· The Six Things You Need to Know About 1031 Exchanges
Nace Cohen, CPA, The 1031 Exchange Experts
· Asset Planning for Medicaid Assistance
David M. Platt, attorney, Henderson Franklin Attorneys at Law
· Issues and Answers Surrounding Long-Term Care
Linda Webster, LTC specialist, Jaikes Financial Group
· The Prudent Portfolio: Investment Risk Management for Retirees
James H. Applegate, CFP, Applegate Investment Management, LLC
· Declaring Florida Your Residence - The How and the Why
Dave Struble, ChFC, CLU, CFP, Struble Financial Services, Inc.
· How to Select and Work with a Top Financial Advisor
David T. Morgan, senior vice president, Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
· The Basics of Annuities
Paul Byer, LUTCF, CRC, Allstate Financial Services
· Senior Women and Wealth Management
Roger A. Hubley, CFP, CLU, ChFC, MSM, MSFS and Michael P. Braddy, MPA, NetWorth, Inc.
· Real Estate Investment Opportunities for Senior Citizens…And for Other Young People
J. Dan Recer, Ph.D., president, Recer Estate Services
· Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Kenneth A. O’Donnell, consumer bank market executive, Bank of America
· Reverse Mortgages - A Boom to Seniors
Mark R. Jakes, CSA, American Reverse Mortgage
· Protecting Intergenerational Family Wealth from Divorce, Creditors, and Predators
J. Thomas Uhler and Lowell S. Schoenfeld, J.D., L.L.M., Green Schoenfeld & Kyle LLP
Registration is $15 per individual or $25 per couple, including food and refreshments. Registration forms are available on the Symposium website at www.fgcu.edu/cob/wachovia
For more information, contact associate professor of finance Daniel J. Borgia at (239) 590-7371 or email@example.com