Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Florida Institute of Government Presents "Speak Up!" Workshop
WHO FGCU Florida Institute of Government, for managers and employees from both the private and public sectors
WHAT "Speak Up! How to say what's on your mind without losing friends or your job" half-day workshop from the Florida Institute of Government's Professional Development Series. Employees will learn how to gracefully communicate, speak to others and confront someone's behavior or attitude in a constructive, win-win manner. The workshop will teach how to open up the lines of communication and provide skills to do so productively. Ava Fluty is instructor for the course.
WHEN 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 28
WHERE Student Union 213
WHY To learn how to:
· Tell a team member that they are not carrying their load
· Make suggestions and confront your boss constructively
· Tell someone something embarrassing (ex: they have spinach in their teeth)
· Discuss a person's annoying personal habit and if it can be changed
· Tell someone to stop talking without them being offended
· Give bad news without being "shot as the messenger"
CONTACT Joanne Hartke at (239) 590-7815 or firstname.lastname@example.org