Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1006
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Florida Institute of Government Presents "Business Grammar Basics Workshop"
WHO FGCU Florida Institute of Government, for managers and employees from both the private and public sectors
WHAT "Business Grammar Basics" half-day workshop from the Florida Institute of Government's Professional Development Series. The course will teach current guidelines for correct punctuation, capitalization, usage, format and spelling. Participants will learn how to avoid embarrassing mistakes and project a credible, professional image that will increase self-confidence. Jim Jacoby is instructor for the course.
WHEN 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Friday, June 4
WHERE Broadcast Building 111
WHY To learn how to:
· Update knowledge of what is considered correct usage of grammar
· Learn the underlying logic of punctuation and sentence structure
· Differentiate between active and passive voice
· Construct clear, focused and complete sentences
· Use your computer's grammar checker to spot mistakes
· Identify the errors that computers often miss
CONTACT Joanne Hartke at (239) 590-7815 or firstname.lastname@example.org