Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU, Wachovia Present Educational Symposium on Consumer and Financial Issues for Senior Citizens
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University invites senior citizens and individuals who provide care or comfort to the elderly in Southwest Florida to attend the free Second Annual Educational Symposium on Consumer and Financial Issues Facing Senior Citizens 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 12 in the Student Union ballroom.
Sponsored by FGCU and Wachovia, the symposium includes concurrent breakout sessions and guest speakers.
· Asset Allocation and Its Benefits
Janis Clark, CMFC, Evergreen Private Investment, Wachovia
· Making Your Retirement Dollars Last
Chris Hooper, Divisional Vice President, Evergreen Private Investment, Wachovia
· Declaring Florida Your Residence
Dave Struble, ChFC, CLU, CFP, MSFS, Struble Financial Services, Inc.
· Estate Planning Building Blocks: The Financial Planning Glue that Binds
Brent Crawford, Private Client Advisor, Bank of America
· Real Estate Investment Opportunities for Senior Citizens.And for Other Young People
J. Dan Recer, Ph.D., president, Recer Estate Services
· The Prudent Portfolio: Investment Risk Management for Retirees
James H. Applegate, CFP, Applegate Investment Management, LLC
· Consumer Fraud and Identity Theft
Brett Hood, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
· How to Select and Work with a Top Financial Advisor
David T. Morgan, senior vice president, Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
FGCU offers continental breakfast at 7:45 a.m. and serves snacks and refreshments throughout the morning.
The event is free and open to the public. Although not required, registration is encouraged. Registration forms are available on the Symposium website at www.fgcu.edu/cob/wachovia
For more information, contact associate professor of finance Daniel J. Borgia at (239) 590-7371 or firstname.lastname@example.org