Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
Center for Positive Aging Offers Community of Caring Conference March 17
FORT MYERS, FL - The Florida Gulf Coast University Center for Positive Aging invites care providers who work with clients with memory loss and associated symptons to the Community of Caring Conference 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 17 at the Center for Positive Aging in the Charlotte County Cultural Center.
The conference provides the most up to date research findings and therapeutic approaches to improve care.
Presenters are nationally-known researchers and experts in care delivery including
· Michelle Bourgeois PhD, CCC-SLP (Florida State)
· Linda Buettner, PhD, CTRS, FGSA (Center for Positive Aging)
· Tess Canja past national president AARP
· Matt Deboer Charlotte County Commissioner
· Joyce Ferrario, PhD, RN (Binghamton University)
· Suzanne Fitzsimmons, MS, ARNP, FGCU Center for Positive Aging
· Carole Green, Director of Long Term Care State of Florida
· Sarah Gueldner, DSN, FAAN (Binghamton University)
· Ann Kolanowski, PhD, FAAN, RN (Penn State)
· Nancy Richeson, PhD, CTRS (University of S. Maine)
· Bruce Robinson, MD (Sarasota Memorial & FSU Medical School)
· Joan Rogers, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA (University of Pittsburgh)
· Marianne Smith, PhD, RN (University of Iowa)
· Judith Voelkl, PhD, CTRS (Clemson University)
Registration is $65 for professionals and $25 for students and caregivers. The conference is limited to the first 200 registrants.
For more information, contact the FGCU Center for Positive Aging at (941) 883-2425 or www.fgcu.edu/cfpa