Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Offers Field Instructor, Clinical Supervisor Training
for Social Work Professionals
WHO FGCU Division of Social Work, for social work professionals interested in becoming field instructors
WHAT Field Instructor and Clinical Supervisor Training, required preparation for professionals holding a Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work to become field instructors who supervise FGCU student interns, or to meet the Qualified Supervisor Requirement under FS 491.005(3)(C). Participants licensed under FS 491 earn 16 contact hours provided by the Division of Social Work.
WHEN 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fridays, Oct. 14 and 21
WHERE Student Union Meeting Chambers
· Field education is a centerpiece of social work education, connecting theory with practice.
· A trained field instructor ensures students' time in practicum is directly related to the learning objectives required for their degree.
· To supervise both baccalaureate and master's degree level students, professionals must have a CSWE-accredited master's degree in social work and at least two years post graduate experience.
· To supervise undergraduate students, individuals must hold a CSWE-accredited bachelor's and have three years experience.
· Training can assist professionals in becoming a qualified supervisor for MSW students seeking licensure.
· Certified professionals are encouraged to retrain if it has been three years or more since initial certification.
COST Free for BSW or MSW holders from an accredited program who work for an agency that is or plans to be affiliated as a field education site.
$99 for Licensed Clinical Social Workers in private practice or a Licensed Mental Health Counselord who want to meet the Qualified Supervisor Requirement.
CONTACT MSW field coordinator Carmen G. Pèrez at (239) 590-7828 or email@example.com