Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
An Evening with Mikhail Gorbachev
March 1, 2006
RSVP: Ludmilla Wells (LWELLS@FGCU.EDU)
Due to security and scheduling, the following are the Protocols for the Media:
1. All media/press must RSVP to email@example.com no later than Saturday, March 25th with a list identifying the
Position (camera person, editor, reporter, newscaster, photographer, etc.)
2. No media will be permitted to park behind Alico Arena.
Only properly and visibly identified VANS holding equipment will be directed to the media designated parking next to the baseball field fencing near the sidewalk entering the complex.
Any members of the media arriving in CARS will be directed to park to available spaces in front of Alico Arena. You MUST present your credentials for permission to park near the arena. Parking will be on a first come/first serve basis. Media without credentials will be directed to park either on campus or at Germain Arena and ride a shuttle to the event.
3. Press Credentials will be matched against the RSVP list. A special ID tag for the evening will be issued upon arrival at Alico Arena.
4. The press/media will have a separate, priority entrance via the outside doors (second floor) on the south side of Alico Arena. A separate area with tables and chairs has been arranged for your working comfort.
5. The lecture series will begin promptly at 6:00 pm. There will be 5 minutes for photography from the time Mr. Gorbachev comes to the stage. After that time, the press/media will be asked to leave the floor. No additional photography, video, or audio of Mr. Gorbachev is permitted.
6. If you wish to leave Alico Arena, you may do so from the second floor doors. If you wish to use a laptop, please do so only in the Press Room.
All other questions may be sent to Ludmilla Wells.